Below are recovery-related events sponsored by community partners. In the case that there are no upcoming events, none will be displayed.
Transformations: Stories One Year Later
- Date: - (all day)
- Location: Wailoa Center
200 Piopio Street
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
- Introduction: Wailoa Center and the Hawai'i Island Art Alliance are proud to sponsor the upcoming, non-juried exhibit “Transformations: Stories One Year Later,” designed for anyone who wants to tell their story about the lava events of 2018 and how the Kilauea volcano eruption affected them.
- Event URL https://www.wailoacenter.com/calendar
- $15 per entry (all fees will go toward installation and reception expenses).
- No limit to the number of entries allowed in the exhibit.
- Wailoa Center reserves the right to edit entries based on space availability.
- Entries can be any media, including written journals, poetry, etc.
- No limit to the size of each entry (as long as it will fit through the doors).
- Entries must be framed with wire for hanging properly installed and 3-D art must be safe and ready to install.
- Entries must be dropped off between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday, June 30. No early/late drop-offs. There will not be a scheduled pick up or drop off at the Donkey Mill in Kona for this exhibit.
- Entries must have a completed label, which you can get from Wailoa Center.
- Entries can be for sale, with 20% of sales being donated to HIAA, a nonprofit agency dedicated to helping support the Wailoa Center.
- Artists with items for sale must register the entry’s title and price with the HIAA representative at the time of art submission take-in. Artwork does not have to be for sale.
- The last day of the exhibit is July 25 and all art must be picked up between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. July 26. No exceptions.
To enter this exhibit, which runs July 5-25, email the Wailoa Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry information.