Below are recovery-related events sponsored by community partners. In the case that there are no upcoming events, none will be displayed.
Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Date: 01/29/2020 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Waimea Community Center
65-1260 Kawaihaie Road
Waimea, Hawaii 96743
Hawai‘i County Civil Defense will present results of a risk assessment that's part of the County's Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan update at several upcoming public meetings.
The plan is required to receive hazard mitigation funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and must be updated every five years. It will include proposed projects to mitigate potential loss.
All meetings are held from 6-8 p.m . Dates and times are:
- Jan. 22, Aupuni Center Conference Room, 101 Pauahi St., Hilo.
- Jan. 23, West Hawaii Civic Center, 74-5044 Keohokalole Highway, Kailua-Kona.
- Jan. 29, Waimea Community Center, 65-1260 Kawaihae Road, Waimea.
- Jan. 30, Ocean View Community Center, 92-8924 Leilani Circle, Ocean View.
At the Ocean View meeting, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory representatives will provide a status update on Mauna Loa.
Additionally, residents are asked to fill out a survey as another means to provide input: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HawaiiCountyHMP.
To keep up to date on the planning process, visit https://www.hawaiicounty.gov/departments/civil-defense/multi-hazard-mitigation-plan-2020.
The public also is welcome to attend meetings of the Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan working group. The group meets at 2-4 p.m. at the Aupuni Center Conference Room on the third Tuesday of each month: Jan. 21, Feb. 18, March 17, April 21, May 19, June 16 and July 21.